Glen main entrance before the tram lines, pre 1906
Corporation extended the city's tram network in 1906 to enable Glaswegians
to visit the newly opened Rouken Glen park. This photograph shows
the lodge at the main entrance to the park, and the rather muddy state
of Giffnock Road. Telegraph poles and two people walking along the
pavement can be seen in the background.
outside the lodge, before tramlines were laid