Back to thumbnails page

 

 
Birkenshaw Tea Rooms, c. 1915
 

These tearooms, located in the old Birkenshaw Cottage, provided refreshments for visitors from 1906, when Rouken Glen was opened to the public, until 1986. It was extensively renovated in 1987 and now operates as a Chinese restaurant, the Cathay Cuisine.

This picture shows families in their Sunday best enjoying glass bottles of lemonade and other refreshments.

 

Image code: G10B-48

Image description: People enjoying refreshments outside the tearooms

Keywords: people; men; women; children; food; drink; tearooms; tea gardens; refreshments; tables; chairs; buildings; trees

Dimensions of original: 196 x 115 mm

Date of original: c. 1915

 
All images on this site are copyright of East Renfrewshire Council ©