Back to thumbnails page
 
Boating pond, c. 1925
 
The boating pond was constructed on the site of an old curling pond. It was constructed by Sir Robert McAlpine and Company, with work commencing in March 1923. The boathouse built in 1924 is now a listed building containing a tea room.
 

Image code: G10D-73

Image description: People rowing boat round island in boating pond. Trees and building in background.

Keywords: people; men; women; children; boats; water; pond; boating; island; rowing; oars; trees; buildings

Dimensions of original: 216 x 139 mm

Date of original: circa 1925

 

 
All images on this site are copyright of East Renfrewshire Council ©